Sea Water Desalination with Energy Recovery up to 1000 m3/d
Sea water desalination utilizes a lot of energy due to the very large high pressure pump required to drive the water with high concentration of salts through the membranes. A solution to reduce overall energy consumption of the system and essentialy reduce the cost of the produced water, by almost 50%, are Energy Recovery Systems. TEMAK has excellent experience in energy recovery systems due to the requirement for sea water desalination in Greece, Gulf and Middle East.
TEMAK offers solutions with two types of Energy Recovery Systems
- HP – Hydraulic pressure booster recovery system (low energy consumption)
- PX – Pressure Exchanger System (extra low energy consumption)
Removal of the total dissolved solids from sea water for high quality water production and reduced energy consumption.
- Water production for domestic, industrial, hotel use, …
- General uses and potable water production using water.
- Feed water for boilers and cooling towers.
All systems with energy recovery, greatly reduce the energy wasted, protecting the environment.
The excellent design and the carefully selected construction materials, ensure:
- Low operational cost.
- Unobstructed-smooth operation.
- Νο interruptions for frequent chemical cleanings.
- Fully automated operation.
- Μinimum personnel occupation.
- Long life-high efficiency of the membranes.
- High safety degree, early notice of possible malfunctions, excellent system protection.
- Excellent product water quality.
The low energy consumption at the high pressure stage is obtained by a high performance energy recovery system.
Turn key containerized systems are available on request.
|Model||Product flow rate m3/day||Recovery %||Feed voltage (V)|